Saturday, September 27, 2014
Isn't it always the best when you get alone time while your babies are sleeping soundly in your house. I like being with them. I just don't want to see them all the time. Ha!
I miss them terribly these days. I get a little time to snuggle and spend time with them in the morning and then I feel like our evening fly by. Poor Adley wants me all night. It's exhausting and I don't even care. I want her too. And Kendall? So overdue for a mommy and me date! And Chris? Yeah, I miss him too. A date night in October would be fab-ulous!
Going back to work has been tough. Going back to work with 2 kids has been harder. Going back to work AS A TEACHER is INSANE. Now I get the whole summers off deal. Seriously. And just when you think being a first year teacher on a cart, doing a first year internship program, and seeing 150+ kids a day couldn't get any more difficult... it changes.
My first grade class last week was a little rough. I found myself feeling sad for them. They didn't have a confident teacher. There was no structure in place. The classroom looked sad and lacked the look and feel of a primary classroom.
So when I was asked if I wanted to be their teacher I was super excited!!!
Monday I will officially be a 1st grade teacher IN A CLASSROOM and I couldn't be happier. I cannot wait to get to know these 23 kiddos and teach them so many things!
A few other teachers, members of the administration, and myself cleaned up the room last night. I left school at 7:30pm and drove to Walmart to buy cute bins and command strips for my classroom. Then myself, the girls, and my best sister Amanda went in again today to work on the room.
I will upload pictures later. I'm happy its coming together!
Instead of relazing while my babies are asleep, I just want to plan and prepare for my new adventure! I am so happy I made the decision to get my MAT in 2012 because I truly feel this is where I am supposed to be!
Thursday, September 25, 2014
You are 6 months old!
You are so much fun this month! So many firsts have happened this month and it has been a blast watching you accomplish so many things! This month you…
- started solids and you love them! You’ve tried peas, green beans, squash, pears, apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, prunes, watermelon, and cantaloupe!
- are almost mobile! You can scoot and roll with the best of ‘em! Crawling isn’t too far behind!
- are very vocal! Sometimes you make big noises to get our attention. Ha!
- moved out of our room and into Kendall’s room, but you manage to sleep in our room every night.
- outgrown the rock and play. So sad for us but great for you!
- you love to play in your playpen (pack and play)!
- you love toys that make noises!
- you love putting everything into your mouth
- you love cuddling with mommy all night long
- you’ve stopped sleeping through the night, hopefully it’s just a phase!
- your sister is your greatest entertainment. And Wilson, of course!
- you love smiling for pictures and recognize my phone!
Daddy is taking you to the doctor for your 6 month checkup tomorrow so we will get your stats then! You are wearing size 9-12 month clothing, size 3 diapers, and bibs all the time! Ha! I think you are around 17-18 pounds. It’s almost time to move to a new carseat! I can’t believe how fast your sweet life has flown by already! I love getting to know you more every day! I love you so BIG!
Saturday, September 13, 2014
I tried and tried to hold out until 6 months, but I just felt she was ready. Once Adley started sitting up unassisted and after I did a little research (aka looking on my blog to see when I started solids with Kendall) I decided it was time to introduce Miss Adley to food!
We started out with pears and a little watermelon chunk.
Next came squash, green beans, and cantaloupe in our meshy thing. Then sweet potatoes, bananas, and banana in the meshy thing.
Sometimes we get sticky after food at grandmas so she gives you a bath!
It’s safe to say you love food! You eat almost 1/2 of a Gerber 1st foods container a few times a day. :)